While your control panel is the “brains” of your home security system it requires a way to communicate to a central station, or yourself when using interactive services such as remote Arm/Disarm. Older panels had on-board POTS dialers built-in which was the main way alarm systems talked to the central station receivers. Today however few modern panels use POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) as a communication path and instead rely on faster and more reliable cellular and/or broadband connectivity.
The communicators below will work with a variety of security panels and have options for broadband IP Internet and/or Cellular in both AT&T (GSM) and Verizon (CDMA) flavors. They also vary by interactive service provider compatibility. We have relations with the following major service providers:
- SecureNet supporting Helix and 2GIG GC2 wireless
- Honeywell AlarmNet360 (Total Control) supporting all Honeywell hardwired and wireless panels
- IPDataTel supporting most major hardwired panels such as Honeywell Vista
- Telguard supporting most hardwired panels such as Honeywell Vista and also 2GIG wireless
- Alarm.com supporting 2GIG wireless panels and Honeywell Vista