Home Automation More Than Cool
The role of your security system has certainly expanded in recent years at the same speed as cell phones. The detection of intruders is still the primary function but the integration of home automation is approaching techie on the scale of star trek. The alarm systems of today can help you manage your home while you are away. Your Security System is capable of so much more than intruder protection. With the addition of wireless products there has been a wide variety of devices made available to truly make your home into a smart home. Some may consider these to be unnecessary additions but most people are finding it hard to believe that they were able to function before having these new home automation products.
With Home Automation there are unlimited possibilities of doing things with the click of a button. Your home automation system can start out small with just a few key items and easily be expanded to control many of your home appliances. All of the following are available with home automation:
- Wireless Door Locks
- Wireless Thermostats
- Wireless Door Bells
- Wireless Lighting Control
Installation of smart products give the home and its occupants various benefits – the same benefits that technology and personal computing have brought to us over the past 30 years – convenience and savings of time, money and energy.
“Smart Home” is the term commonly used to define a residence that has appliances, lighting, heating, air conditioning, TVs, computers, entertainment audio & video systems, security, and camera systems that are capable of communicating with one another and can be controlled remotely by a time schedule, from any room in the home, as well as remotely from any location in the world by phone or internet.
Home Automation can help with you resolutions
Take Control of Your Life
– New smart phone apps are a portable command center that allows you to control door locks, lights, thermostats and video cameras.
– Real Time notifications which include security reminders, temperature alerts, video clips and everything else you might want to be notified of.
More Accessible to your Loved Ones
– With a smart home you can make access easy for the right people. Unique user codes can be assigned to provide different levels of access.
– With each person having a unique code you can be notified when each person gets home and who is using the system.
– Temporary access can be given to contractors or pet sitters. Any access code can be time restricted to only allow access during certain hours.
Focus on The Important Things
– It’s easy to get too much information so with the new smart home systems you can filter out what you don’t want to receive alerts for. For example, you can choose to be alerted when:
- Your front door opens when you’re at work
- you leave home without arming your security system
- someone changes your thermostat temperature
- someone opens a desk drawer in your home office
- your outdoor camera records a motion-triggered video clip
Source by William J Robinson