The new 4G LTE cellular communicator needed for Alarm.com service requires a firmware version of at least 3.1.3 or higher to recognize the cell module. You can update the GC3 firmware yourself without incurring an Over-The-Air (OTA) cellular charge from Alarm.com.
NOTE: If your current firmware is below 3.0.2 be sure to update to 3.0.2 first then update direct to the latest firmware.
- Download and unzip the firmware update file. (After unzipping right-click on the file name, and select ‘Save As’ and save it to an empty USB thumb drive, leaving the file name unchanged.)
- Save the firmware file to the root directory of a USB flash drive. Note: The USB flash drive must have only one partition. Be sure to eject flash drive properly from your computer!
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the top of the GC3 panel.
- You will see a notice that there is a new firmware to install. Select Update
- Enter the Installer Code or Master Code.
- The GC3/GC3e will install the update and restart (reboot)
Note: This update file below will upgrade all GC3 or GC3e panel firmware to 3.2.5. Be sure to start at version 3.0.2 or higher otherwise update to 3.0.2 first.
If you have previously upgraded the GC3/GC3e to a 3.2.5 firmware, you will receive an error as you are already at the latest firmware.
- PC running Windows XP or later (Mac OS not supported)
- One available USB port (USB v1.1 or later)
- A working knowledge of installing drivers and running applications on a Windows computer
Firmware V3.0.2 Firmware File