The new 4G LTE cellular communicator needed for Alarm.com service requires a firmware version of at least 3.1.3 or higher just to recognize the new cell module. You can update the GC3 firmware yourself without incurring an Over-The-Air (OTA) cellular charge from Alarm.com.
- Download and unzip the firmware update file. (After unzipping right-click on the file name, and select ‘Save As’ and save it to an empty USB thumb drive, leaving the file name unchanged.)
- Save the firmware file to the root directory of a USB flash drive. Note: The USB flash drive must have only one partition
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the top of the GC3 panel.
- You will see a notice that there is a new firmware to install. Select Update
- Enter the Installer Code or Master Code.
- The GC3/GC3e will install the update and restart
Note: This update file will upgrade all GC3 or GC3e panel firmware to 3.2.5.
If you have previously upgraded the GC3/GC3e to a 3.2.5 firmware, you will receive an error as you are already at the latest firmware.
- PC running Windows XP or later (Mac OS not supported)
- One available USB port (USB v1.1 or later)
- A working knowledge of installing drivers and running applications on a Windows computer